How does Edudate work?
Terms and Conditions
1. Either sign up for free or priority, submitting the form on the homepage.
2. We will contact you once we have arranged your date (free) or dates (priority). We will already have confirmed the day the date will take place with them based on your preferences. We also endeavour to always match within your preferred age range and within 40 miles of your location.
3. 1 hour before your video date and 24 hours before your face to face date, we will share the SKYPE ID (or available contact details) for your date.
4. You will "add" your date on SKYPE. At the assigned time, you will call your date via video call (unless you have chosen the "text only" option). You must submit to us whether you would like to see/speak to them again a maximum of 60 mins after your date or up to 24 hours after your face to face meet up.
Do not give out your name (unless you want to) – address each other by your code “eg. Hello H23”
Do not arrange or imply you would like to arrange a second date
Time limit – 20 minutes - One or both of you need to time the date during the video call and be quite strict about it. At the end of the 20 minutes, hang up, even if you don’t want to!
Very important - No contact after your date at all - again, if anyone breaks this rule, please block and report to us with a screenshot!
5. We will contact you to let you know whether it's a match! we aim to do this within 24 hours of you submitting your match form.
When you sign up to "edudate free", you agree to our terms and conditions here. Please read carefully.
Terms and Conditions:
Your SKYPE ID may be shared with a prospective match. Only your SKYPE ID will be shared. If your SKYPE ID is invalid or your date is struggling to contact you, we may then share your email address.
If a successful match is made, we will email you both mutually to confirm the match. If no match is made, we will also let you know individually.
Edudate reserves the right to remove you from the Edudate database at any point. If you break the edudate rules, you could be removed completely. Users should report any breaches of rules via direct message to @edudateofficial or via the contact form on this website.
By signing up to Edudate, you confirm that you are teacher and/or work in education. When you sign up, we may ask for further verification of your account. Verification may mean a request for a photo copy of your institution ID.
Any contact made between, during or after your date(s) is not edudates responsibility. The edudate rules are there to protect you and others so do follow them! Use the block function whenever you wish and do report any specific problems you have (and screenshot any Edudate rule violations). Any data you send to us you do at your own discretion - twitter, facebook and other social media sites have their own encryption policies and safeguards. We take all enhanced precautions to protect all our social media accounts and will publish protective steps we take regularly.
Edudate FREE - we endeavour to set up 1 free date for the participant within 21 days. If you have already taken part in an Edudate event at any point or been offered the opportunity to do so, then we can't guarantee a "free" date. Edudate PRIORITY - we guarantee 3 new dates every month arranged on dates to suit the priority member. We will seek to re arrange any date which is cancelled by one participant but can't guarantee that if you/they cancel the date or can't attend due to unforeseen circumstances that it can be rearranged. We will look to rearrange with that person but if not possible we will look elsewhere. There is a 3 month minimum term for Edudate Priority - This does not apply to current priority members. It applies to new Priority sign ups from 1st of April 2021 onwards.
Any face to face dates should follow current COVID-19 restrictions. If you prefer a face to face date but your date prefers video or text, video/text will take precedence.
We may contact you at any time through email, social media or by text to provide you edudate information or alert you to future edudate events. You can opt out of this at any time. Your phone number and other information will never be shared with third parties and will be stored securely "offline". You can contact us to remove your data from file at any point.
If you are a teacher who uses Edudate and/or other online dating platforms and need any help/support, please contact us directly through DM so we can try and help/support/signpost. Check out organisations like The Safe Space UK, The Woman's Trust or Solace Women's Aid.